This article explains how to create a Google account so that you can take advantage of Gmail, YouTube, Google Sign Up and other Google products.
Create Your Google Account
Signing up for a Google account is free and easy. Here’s how to do it.
- In a web browser, go to the Google account signup page.If you’re not sure if you have a Google account, visit the Google Accounts password change page. Enter an email address you may have used to create a Google Account. Google tells you if it recognizes the email address or not.
- Enter your first name and last name in the fields provided.
- Create a username, which will be your Gmail address in this format: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter a password and confirm it.
- Select Next.
- Enter your phone number (optional), recovery email address (optional), birthday, and gender (optional).
- Select Next.
- Read Google’s Privacy and Terms and select I Agree.
- Your new Google account has been created and you can start using your Gmail address and Google’s other products.Access your personal information, privacy, and account preferences at any time by heading to myaccount.google.com and signing in.
Why Create a Google Account?
Most users are familiar with Google’s search capabilities, but Google offers an array of powerful services that go beyond search, including Gmail, Google Drive, YouTube, Calendar, and more. To add, use, and manage any of Google’s products, you need just one Google account, with just a single username and password.
Explore Google’s Products
To see and learn about all of Google’s products, navigate to the Google Products page:
- In the top right corner of the Google screen, select the icon that looks like a keypad. You’ll see a pop-up menu of Google product icons.The most popular products, such as Search, Maps, and YouTube, are displayed at the top.
- Scroll down and select More From Google to access additional products.
- You’ll be taken to the Google Products page, where you can learn about and access all of Google’s products.