Many Malaysians are so excited to be able to travel overseas again! As more countries are reopening their international borders this year, Thailand is also welcoming tourists again too! Malaysians can now travel to Thailand beginning March this year.
Previously, Malaysians were Thailand’s most regular visitors. However, tourists were not allowed to enter Thailand for quite a long time due to the outbreak of Covid-19.
Recently, the authorities of Thailand announced a Test & Go Entry Programme – a quarantine free travel lane to tourists including Malaysians. This will definitely help boost the tourism and economy in Thailand!
What you need to know before travelling to Thailand via ‘Test & Go’ entry programme?
- Malaysians who are fully vaccinated are allowed to enter Thailand.
- Unvaccinated children who are below 12 years old will have to be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult aged 18 years and above.
- Malaysians will have to take TWO Covid-19 tests – once when they arrived in Thailand and another one on the fifth day.
- Malaysians must apply for Thailand Pass 7 days before entering. You can apply it here.
- Malaysians will have to purchase medical insurance with a minimum coverage of USD50,000 and provide a negative Covid-19 test result 72 hours before travelling.
- Malaysians are also required to stay for a night in a Safety & Health Administration (SHA) approved hotel. If your Covid-19 test result of Day 1 is negative, you are free to start your Thailand adventures!
- Malaysians can also download their contact tracing app – MorChana app.
Can’t wait to travel to Thailand? Here are some famous attractions you should visit in Thailand!
1. Aquaria Phuket
Aquaria Phuket is one of the largest aquariums in Thailand. Walking through the aquarium, you can enjoy the beauty of marine life where there are over 25,000 marine creatures! You can also see different interactive zones like Station Aquarius, Mystic Forest, and Coastal Haven. There are also interesting creatures, such as stingrays, rays and sharks.
2. Sea Life Bangkok Ocean
Sea Life Bangkok Ocean is one of the largest oceanariums in the world. You can enjoy an exciting experience of exploring the underwater world with over 400 marine species and 30,000 sea creatures during your visit. Besides, you will be thrilled with three shows at Sea Life Bangkok Ocean, where seals and sea lions are performing on stage.
3. Dream World Bangkok
Dream World Bangkok is an amusement park with exciting rides, from the family-friendly Speedy Mouse to the adrenaline-pumped Haunted Mansion and Tornado! What makes this place special is its location in the heart of Bangkok! You can visit there at night to enjoy the beautiful view of Bangkok!
4. Safari World Bangkok
Safari World Bangkok is a place where you can enjoy a trip to the jungle. Here, you will find mouflon sheep, macaques, pandas, tigers and rhinos! You can even see elephants and lions in their own habitat. There is also a petting zoo where you can play with exotic animals!
5. Bangkok Floating Markets
Visiting Bangkok Floating Markets is a good experience that you should try! Floating markets in Thailand is a popular tourist attraction. The most famous floating market is Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. Here, you can see many floating restaurants and shops, as well as bargaining and shopping with local people. You can also take a boat to ride among the local houses and enjoy the nature of rice paddies in Thailand.
Prefer Cuti Cuti Malaysia instead? Why not!
Genting Skyworlds is finally open! One of the largest indoor theme parks in Asia, Genting SkyWorlds is a place where you can enjoy diverse rides and attractions!
Get your tickets to Genting SkyWorlds Them Park now from Wonderfly!